If you’ve got a short clip (must be under 3 minutes max) that relates to surfing and has a connection to the Gold Coast, go in the running to win big. There’s no parameters around where the footage has/hasn’t been seen – it just needs to be homegrown! Please see full list of T&C’s below.
Homegrown is all about the Gold Coast so, your film needs to fit ONE of these criteria:
1. You live on the Gold Coast
2. Your footage was shot on the Gold Coast
3. The surfer or main subject of the film is from the Gold Coast
The top ten finalists of the Flotsam surf clip comp will have their glory moment at Burleigh Barrels Brewery, where we will announce the winner of Flotsam’s surf clip showdown. The winner will score loot as well as FAME – the change to show the surf clip on the big screen at Burleigh Barrels.
The major prize is $3000 cash sponsored by Burleigh Barrels.
Runner Up scores a $1500 holiday voucher thanks to the legends at Bali Retreats.
People’s Choice? Another $500 cash from Burleigh Barrels.
Meanwhile, Best Up and Coming Surfer gets a $500 voucher from our friends at Billabong – so groms get your entries ready!
Here’s what else you need to know before you submit your film:
- This competition is for surf or ocean related micro films or video clips of any genre that have a connection to the Southern Gold Coast– make sure your theme fits!
- To enter you need to be aged 16 and over and be an Australian resident.
- You may submit a maximum of three (3) different entries per person.
- Each entry should be no longer than 3 minutes in length, including titles and credits.
- All entries must be submitted via the Flotsam website during the specified entry period (until 12th May). Sorry, no late entries will be accepted.
- Entries should be suitable for public viewing (G) and must not contain obscene or offensive content such as adult themes, violence, drug use, coarse language, nudity, or crappy surfing.
- We reserve the right to air, promote and share the winning films and finalists, but you retain rights to your own footage and edits – this is all about rewarding filmmakers.
- The clip or film you enter must be your own original work, you must own copyright in both vision and sound, and have sourced permission from anyone who appears in your film and must not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- All films will be viewed and judged by Flotsam’s panel of judges, who in their sole discretion will determine eligibility and will decide on a finalist list and award winners.
- The Awards are: Flotsam Best Surf Clip, Runner Up Best Clip, and Best Up and Coming Surfer.
- There’s also a People’s Choice Award, which will be awarded to the (eligible) film with the most public votes both online and in person on the finals screening day May 14 – so get your mates onto voting (but no rigging or bots!) One vote per video.
- 10 finalists will be notified and announced to screen on the big screen at Burleigh Barrels, May 14th.
The Runner Up $1500 voucher allows you to book your next tropical stay through Bali Retreats up to that value– Bali Retreats specialises in boutique hotel and villa accommodation close to all the best surf breaks in Bali, with a wide range of accommodation choices for groups, couples or families. Enjoy a fuss-free travel experience when you let the team at Bali Retreats help plan your dream getaway – prize is valid for twelve months, booking name can be transferred. Prize is not redeemable for cash.